Wednesday, October 19, 2022

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go, September 19, 2022



Transfer news! I am staying in Metfield Ward for my last transfer. I am excited to work hard and finish strong.

Today I had a wonderful Spiritual experience. I was sitting in the back of a car while we were driving to a members house to say goodbye before my companion leaves. We had the windows rolled down and I had my hand out the window enjoying the wind rushing by. The sun was shining and we were going up and down the hills of Bella Vista. We were listening so some music when the song changed to "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go." (Hymn 270 in the hymn book) It was a male singing a solo. The man singing sounded exactly like the elder who was sitting in front of me in the car. I began to sing along to the song and closed my eyes. I payed attention to the words and felt joy. This line stood out to me: "There's surely somewhere a lowly place in earth's harvest fields so wide where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus, the Crucified. So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing thou lovest me, I'll do thy will with a heart sincere: I'll be what you want me to be." My mission has felt short. I am trying to trust and love God. Trying to put my will into His. To become. 
I love you. I know miracles happen every single day. 
Elder Spencer 









No comments:

Post a Comment